Report a Claim

Our most important time to serve you is if and when you have a claim. If you are involved in a car accident, take steps to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Review our Accident Checklist.

(If you don’t see the name of your company listed, please contact MetzWood directly.)

Report Claim

Contact Your Insurance Company By Using the Links Below




For EMERGENCIES ONLY, we can be reached at (518) 392-5900. One of our agents will call you back as quickly as possible. Examples of emergencies include:

  • Auto accidents with injuries
  • Property claims with injuries
  • Property claims involving fire or water damage

For other incidents, we will be happy to help as soon as we re-open. Please try the resources listed above as there is a good chance you can resolve your current matter immediately.




How Do I File a Claim

If your property or home is damaged, quickly document the damage by taking photos. Then, contact your insurance carrier either through your online account with the carrier, or by calling their claims number.

Contact us, too, at (518) 392-5161, so we can help you during the process. If you do not have access to your carrier's number or your policy number, we can assist you with that as well.

If my property was damaged, can I start repairs?

It is always best to refrain from beginning repairs right away. Even minor repairs can cover up damage and make it difficult for an insurance adjuster to determine a fair estimate of the repair costs.

Speak to us first. We can guide you in the right direction to minimize damage while ensuring the adjuster can get an accurate estimate of what repairs will be necessary.

Be sure to photograph and document damage, and only make repairs necessary for safety and/or to prevent further loss.

How long will my car insurance claim take?

Every claim is unique, and many factors determine how long the process will take. Be sure to give your claims advocate all the necessary details and documentation to allow the process to run smoothly.

What is a deductible?

A deductible is the amount of money you will need to pay before your insurance policy begins to cover the costs of repairs.

For example, if your auto deductible is $500 and you have $4,000 in damages, you will pay $500 to the auto repair shop, and the insurance company will pay the other $3,500.

When choosing coverage, keep in mind:

Higher Deductible = Lower car insurance rate but higher out of pocket costs

Lower Deductible = Higher car insurance rate and lower out-of-pocket costs

What's the difference between liability coverage and full coverage?

Liability coverage only covers other people's injuries and damage. Full coverage also covers your own vehicle Most states require liability coverage. Full coverage is usually required if you finance or lease a vehicle.

Can I get a damage estimate before filing a claim?

We recommend that you obtain a damage estimate before filing a claim. Once you’ve received an estimate, give us a call to discuss your options. We’ll also be happy to go over your policy with you and check if your estimate is above your deductible.

What if my home is burglarized?

First, make sure that you and your family are safe, and then immediately call the police. The police will have you complete a report with all of the important information from the situation that they can gather. Be sure to complete this report to the best of your ability, as it is a necessary step in filing a claim and will help expedite the process. Next, be sure to create a detailed list of each item that was lost, stolen, or damaged, as well as their estimated values. Make sure to have this ready when you contact your insurance company.

Will I have to pay my deductible if I'm not at fault?

Yes, you may still have to pay the deductible, depending on the type of coverage you have. But, if your insurance carrier can recover the amount paid, including your deductible, from the person responsible, they will. If they are unsuccessful, you can choose to attempt to recover the deductible yourself.

Is flood covered on Home Insurance?

Standard homeowners and renters insurance does not cover flood damage. If you live in a designated flood zone, you will be required to have flood insurance. Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program, and some private programs. If you have any questions about flood insurance, give us a call at (518) 392-5161